A maths graduate from Elphinstone College, Mumbai, wholater pursued law, but gave it up for the passion for photography, Have been active in the fashion industry more than 14 years now.
Have shot for brands like Coca Cola, Dove, Godrej, L’oreal, Pilsbury,Reebok, Skoda India Auto ltd., Sony electronics, The Taj Hotel and many more. The portfolio extends to magazine shoots like for L’Officiel, Elle, Hello, Femina,Hi Blitz, Marie Claire, Verve etc., numbering at over 300 covers.
Have even directed music videos and shot short films like ‘Yahaan Gandhi Bikta Nahin’ a short film based on Gandhi in present day. This was lauded as one of the best short film on Gandhi by eminent luminaries from the art fraternity in 2009. He has also contributed his work of photography art as an active participant at various Art gallery exhibitions in the country.
Was recently been listed among the Best Advertising PhotographersWorldwide by Lurzer’s Archive International in Germany for the year 2010 –2011. I Specialize in Fashion and People photography, having shot photography campaigns for a broad range of products and brands, ranging from Jewellery to Cars and Airlines. Known as the first Indian photographer to introduce “3D photography” in India.
Have been a part of various group art shows at A.M. Art Gallery, Brighton,UK, 2011, Gallery Art & Soul, Mumbai, India 2010, Jindal Art Foundation, Mumbai, India 2009 and Priyasri Art Gallery, Mumbai, India 2009. Apart from these, Have also held Art Camps with senior artists like Bruta, Paresh Maiety and Brinda Miller. His photos have been showcased at Jehangir Art Gallery and Olive in Mumbai. Vikram also had an exhibition in association with Pratham in London . His work is among the permanent collection at Priyasri Art Gallery, Gallery Art and Soul, Jindal Art Foundation and Alfaz Miller collection.
Few of the many Awards:
● International fashion campaigns for Shane & Falguni Peacock for Milan, London, Dubai. Images displayed at the prestigious International Fashion weeks.
● Awarded as one of the “Most Influential people in the Photography Industry in India” for the year 2009 – 2010 & 2010 –2011.
● Named as top 3 photographers of India by Asian Photography.
● 1stprize winner for “Best Color Nude photo”in the Professional Category at “The Masters Cup Color Photography Awards” in 2010-2011.
● One of the few Indian photographers to be part of the first book on “fine art photography” in India.
● 4 International awards nominated for the category of “Hotel Campaign” for “The Leela Palace Hotel, Goa. A first ad campaign for any Indian Hotel in India.
● Awarded3rd Place at PX3 Awards at Paris in 2009.
● Nominated for “Videocon India Youth Icon” Award in 2009.
● Honourable mention for “Master’s Cup, International Color Award” in Abstract Category on the 22nd March’2009.
● 4honorable mentions for some of his works at the “4th Annual Photography Master’s cup” award.
● Judged as the “2nd best photographer at the PMA International Awards, USA” for his 3D photography. The images were part of a 30 country travelling exhibition.
● Judged amongst the “5 most important people in the photography industry” in India, since the last 5 years.
● Honourable mention at the “Master’s Cup, International Color Awards” in the Fashion Category in 2007.
● Winner of the Silver Award at the “All India Federation of Master Printers” Association Print Awards in 2001.
● Part of a group show and works part of ‘The Leela’ an erotic book of Art and Verse, by Ms. Alka Pande, the foremost Indian authority on the Kama Sutra.